Sunday, November 22, 2009

At last?

At last!The gates swing open and everyone rushes out to taste fresh air again.
Savouring my freedom,I step out of the walls of oppression,and wiped the soles of my shoes free of prison dust upon the first few patches of grass I could trample upon.Watching all my fellow companions soar away leaving behind the dust of their oppressed years.I watch as the once united levy of cell mates disbanded into the distant in horizontal stripes which faded into the distance.

Now all was still but the chirping of sparrows above.not many of them.But they all faded as the day grew old.and all was dark but the golden orange glow of headlamps surrounding the outer cast of the silence and emptiness of the prison walls,casting their warm glows of life on its vacant grounds now.Like a pea pod without peas now,everything was empty.

Now,many more days of freedom has passed.and now i stand outside the prison walls.Upon my room floor way back home lay a black and white shirt.Upon my shoulders here,lay a grey one.
-Stripped from the city a city man,plunged into war a soldier.
Left alive past the war has gone,
left a man lost in the city.-
Now I gaze upon the outer cast of silence.Voices and memories of my levy of cell mates,echoed through the empty walls of oppression,a language only I,out of the dead live environment,could hear.

My levy of prison mates-their voices lost forever.But yet I still see the stripes of their clothes,I can here their voices,I can feel enclosed in those empty walls...the memories left behind.

No comments: